I found an old/beat up box in my storage closet, I think I got it from like 8-9 years ago. It is a nice sturdy cardboard box, I don’t want to just throw it away so I wrap it with a layer of fabric and add some leather details to give it a new life. Recycling is always good~~
Love the effect from Distress Ink, its really magical when you see the ink activated with water!!
A cupcake photo/card stand using air dry clay. IMHO, air clay clay is less messier than polymer clay. I put my charm in my oven too long last time I baked and they all got burnt!!
These are the things I did for a friend’s wedding few months back, what a lovely couple. Wishing them Happily Ever After.
Let’s begin by gathering the material needed.
1. Veg tanned leather (1.2mm to 2mm thick)
3. Leather protector (wax/sealer/waterproofing)
4. Leather Dye (optional)
5. Sand Paper, Nail filer
6. Leather hole punch
7. Leather punch (for hole and straight line)
8. Wood filer
9. E6000 glue
10. Leather mode (You can search it at amazon or ebay, here is a ebay shop who sell these. They come in different sizes.)
11. Brush for applying leather sealer/ dye
13. Clip (Not shown in picture)
(optional) Leather Cord, Bell
1. Using a 3cm mold, with two piece of 9cm x 9cm leather.
2. Soak leather in water for 5 minutes, it will soften leather for molding.
3. Place leather in mold, wrong side facing upward and right side facing downward (hole).
4. Press mold with clamp.
5. Press clamp until its secured.
6. Make sure there is no gap in between the mold and leather.
7. Wait at least 24 hours or until it dried, release leather from mold (Should get two pieces, upper and lower part).
8. Trim the edge.
9. (optional) Paint leather with any color you want.
10. Seal leather will protector/ sealer.
11. Punch one of them with two holes using leather punch.
12. Cut a line between the two holes like the picture shown. The other piece will be the upper part, punch two holes for handing leather cord or other accessories.
13. Thread leather cord.
14. (optional) Hanging a real bell inside so it can make real bell sound.
15. Apply E6000 glue on the bell edge, glue two parts together.
16. Secure them with Clip/ Binder clip.
17. When glue dried, file the edge with sand paper/ nail and wood filer until smooth.
18. Paint the edge and seal again.
These are bell, made from leather! When I saw them online I knew I have to make it, its just cooooool. Tutorial is coming~
They make perfect bag charm!