want a bite?
want a bite?
Cute “black ball” from Totoro, they are really easy to make.
Pattern: click me
Let’s begin by gathering the material needed.
1. Veg tanned leather (1.2mm to 2mm thick)
3. Leather protector (wax/sealer/waterproofing)
4. Leather Dye (optional)
5. Sand Paper, Nail filer
6. Leather hole punch
7. Leather punch (for hole and straight line)
8. Wood filer
9. E6000 glue
10. Leather mode (You can search it at amazon or ebay, here is a ebay shop who sell these. They come in different sizes.)
11. Brush for applying leather sealer/ dye
13. Clip (Not shown in picture)
(optional) Leather Cord, Bell
1. Using a 3cm mold, with two piece of 9cm x 9cm leather.
2. Soak leather in water for 5 minutes, it will soften leather for molding.
3. Place leather in mold, wrong side facing upward and right side facing downward (hole).
4. Press mold with clamp.
5. Press clamp until its secured.
6. Make sure there is no gap in between the mold and leather.
7. Wait at least 24 hours or until it dried, release leather from mold (Should get two pieces, upper and lower part).
8. Trim the edge.
9. (optional) Paint leather with any color you want.
10. Seal leather will protector/ sealer.
11. Punch one of them with two holes using leather punch.
12. Cut a line between the two holes like the picture shown. The other piece will be the upper part, punch two holes for handing leather cord or other accessories.
13. Thread leather cord.
14. (optional) Hanging a real bell inside so it can make real bell sound.
15. Apply E6000 glue on the bell edge, glue two parts together.
16. Secure them with Clip/ Binder clip.
17. When glue dried, file the edge with sand paper/ nail and wood filer until smooth.
18. Paint the edge and seal again.
These are bell, made from leather! When I saw them online I knew I have to make it, its just cooooool. Tutorial is coming~
They make perfect bag charm!